It's tough knowing what to put in your child’s lunch box. Every week there’s some new report about food dangers. Food we thought was healthy is all of a sudden unhealthy.
We hope our Lunch Box section provides you with a little guidance and inspiration.
Weelicious Graham Crackers
Weet-a-bix Chocolate Slice...
| || |
- 185g butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 3 weetbix, crushed
- 1 cup Plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup dutch cocoa
- 1/4 cup of raisins (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 f OR 180 C.
- Melt butter and add vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients together in a bowl, with raisins.
- Add melted butter and mix well.
- Press mixture into a lined slice pan and bake at 180 C for 15-20 minutes until firm.
- Allow to cool and then ice with chocolate butter icing.
- Sprinkle with coconut or Sprinkles.
- Once icing is cool then cut into squares and store in an airtight container.
Strawberry, Blueberry & Pomegranate Fruit Leather
This Recipe comes from Free Spirit Eater- Click here to read on....
Healthiest Sugarless Chewiest Muesli Bars
Check out these bars from 'gobakeyourself' Note: A Muesli Bar is an Australian term for a Granola Bar
From Keep it Sweet- click her to connect with this fabulous baker
Heath Bar Blondies with Brown Butter Frosting
Gingerbread man sandwiches
Pantry Must HAVES
Variety of spreads - butter, cream cheese, jam, peanut butter, vegemite, cheese...whatever.
Gingerbread cookie cutters [or any other favourite shapers]
Cut out bread with gingerbread shapers.
Spread with butter and/or chosen spread [I used cheese in this pic].
My sister recently sent me this delicious image ...something to make for the kids that combines their two favourite snacks - apples and peanut butter. No recipe attached, but looks like you just spread thick apple slices with peanut butter and top with granola (muesli) - choc chips optional...!