- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 lbs. boneless chuck roast, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper, divided
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups chopped carrot
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- dash of ground cloves
- 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups cooked medium egg noodles
Heat oil in small Dutch oven over low heat. Add garlic; cook 5 minutes or until garlic is fragrant, stirring occasionally. Remove garlic with a slotted spoon, and set aside.
Increase heat to medium-high. Add beef to pan; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook 5 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove beef from pan.
Add wine to pan; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
Add garlic, beef, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, carrots, onions, broth, tomato paste, rosemary, thyme, cloves, diced tomatoes, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
Serving size is 3/4 cup stew and 1/2 cup noodles.