Are you guilty of buying too many bananas? Pushing them aside for a few sweet berries, or mixing with some oranges to assist with their aging process and dumping them based on appearance? And I thought the 3 day life as a butterfly was tough!
The quote comes from 9gag.com
like Banana Cake...
This recipe is adapted from: Barefoot Contessa 'How Easy is That'
Pantry Must Haves
3 ripe bananas
3/4 of sugar (granulated or caster)
1/2 of light brown sugar
1/2 of vegetable oil
2 eggs (room temperature)
2 cups of self raising flour (sifted)
1/2 cup plain yoghurt
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1 orange (grate the zest and squeeze in a little juice)
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking spices
Optional: 1/2 cup of walnuts or raisins
In a mixer:
- Mix bananas and sugars on a low speed
- While on low speed, add oil, egg, yoghurt, vanilla, orange zest and squeeze in a little juice from the orange.
- Mix until smooth
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt and spices in a seperate bowl
- Add dry ingredients to mixture and then on a medium speed mix until combined.
- Stir in nuts or raisins
- Bake for 45-50 minutes in an preheated oven at 350F
- Test cake with by Inserting a toothpick to ensure that it is cooked in the middle...
- Cool for 15 minutes in tin, then turn onto a cooling rack.
and Banana ICE CREAM...
Click here for the recipe from 'The Kitchn'
'What is this one magic ingredient that can be whipped into perfectly rich and silky ice cream, with no additional dairy, sweeteners, or ingredients needed whatsoever?' the Kitchn
maybe Banana Oatmeal...
A tribute to the world’s greatest breakfast!
Click here for recipe
something to drink...
click here for directions
In a blender, add
1 cup milk,
1 cup ice cubes,
1 tsp. almond extract
1 tsp sugar(optional).
Blend until smooth.....
OR someone to clean your shoes!
Click here for directions
Banana skins are slippery buggers but did you
know that you can use a banana skin to shine leather shoes?!
"Well, those not so tasty bananas have many uses according to google; from a cake, to a shake and maybe a shoe shine (who would have thought)!" with love KAte xo