Inspired by my favourite Chili Con Carne recipe from Jamie's America...AND a move back to Australia (using up all the pantry crap)...
Chipotle Chocolate Chip Cookies...
Pantry Must haves
3 dried chiles (ancho, chipotle or poblano)
1 cup of pressed coffee
2 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 sticks (1 cup) of butter
1 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup of dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons of fabulous vanilla essences
1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds- mixed with 3 tablespoons of water
1 egg white
12 ounces of shaved dark chocolate
- Make coffee and soak dried chilies for a few minutes.
- Beat butter and both sugars with an electric mixer.
- Add vanilla, flax seed mixture, egg white.
- Chop chilies finely and add to mixture (for less heat use 2, not 3)
- Sprinkle in some dried chili flakes (optional)
- Add sifted flour, baking soda and salt.
- Shave in dark chocolate and add to mixture.
- Mix on a low speed.
- Using a small ice cream scooper, place cookie dough onto a lined tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes in a PREHEATED oven at 180c/350F.
- Cool on the tray for a few minutes then place onto a cooling rack.
First bite...Wait for it...WARM CHILI HEAT...