What is a Cookie Exchange???
Let travel back a few years. I had been in the States for less than 3 months - Halloween, Thanksgiving (well I missed that one) and now an invite to a cookie exchange...WHAT IS A COOKIE EXCHANGE? I was give a few instructions - but I think I stopped listening at the '...make 12 DOZEN Cookies...' part. What does one do with 12 DOZEN Cookies?? I still have a pillow case of candy to dispose of...Now you're going to add a mountain of cookies to the pile?
Sadly I missed the cookie exchange that year as I had to suddenly return home to Australia, so that year I sent home 12 packets of TIMTAMS for my husband
to deliver to the Cookie Exchange - well someone had to experience this cultural phenomenon. According to Robin Olson (who surprisingly, has copyrighted the official Cookie Exchange rules) I FAILED! I got .5/10 (no bonus points for creative thinking I see!). Well I never was a great test taker and clearly this is one that I didn't study for xoxo "The Rules of the Cookie Exchange"by Robin Olson ©1997
- All cookies should be homemade, baked and main ingredient must be flour. X
- No plain chocolate chip cookies, cookie mixes, no-bakes, meringues or bars. x
- Please bring 12 dozen total cookies. "I think there is 12 in packet 1/2 a mark for that one"
- The theme is "Christmas Cookies" (You can make any theme you like.) X
- Arrange cookies in a basket or platter and be creative! Bring a large container to carry away your cookie, (or the hostess can provide a take away container.) X
- Email a copy of your recipe before the party (or bring recipe to the party) x
- Christmas (or party theme) attire is encouraged! x
- RSVP as soon as you can and let me know what type of cookies you are planning on baking - no duplicate recipes are allowed. x
- There's a prize for the best Christmas outfit. (Give prizes!) I don't think I won????
- If you don't have time to bake, or have burnt your cookies, but still want to attend, you must go to a real bakery and buy 6 dozen yummy cookies. X
2011...Maybe this is a site that I should have taken to time to look at back in 2007...Now I'm scared (outfits, christmas decorated cookies!!), why did I take the time to research. I should have just played the foriegner card & made those chocolate chip cookies as planned...
Well as expected that invite has come around again and this year I have plans... To get a little creative with rules, play the foreign card and modernize the COOKIE EXCHANGE xox
Click HERE for the Cyber Cookie Exchange
I Would like to invite you to a CYBER COOKIE Exchange (Weight Watches approved) - no outfit needed or piped icing cookies required! Simply click on the Gingerbread-man for THE PANTRY CYBER RULES & let's make cookies xox