A Facebook message from an old school friend back home in OZ, pantry products to use and a need for a packing de-stress sparked a new cookie experiment yesterday. So here you are, 'S'mores Cookies'! The last KitchenAid experiment before I hand my beloved machine to my partner in-crime, my BF and road trip guru...Nikki :-)
Trust me it was a quick handover, a moment of tears and frustration..."KitchenAid WHY do you rip off the Aussies?A nation of born and raised bakers. $800 (Aussie dollars)...Really??? It's criminal, the Yanks are a nation built on packet mixes...Costco - $200...this is consumer madness!'
So rant over, I now leave you with the recipe...
Pantry Must Haves
2 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 sticks (1 cup) of butter
1 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup of dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons of fabulous vanilla essences
1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds- mixed with 3 tablespoons of water
1 egg white
12 ounces of shaved dark chocolate - Not Herseys!!
Mini marshmallows (4 per cookie)
GONE IN SECONDS...
- Beat butter and both sugars with an electric mixer (eg sniff sniff, KitchenAid).
- Add vanilla, flax seed mixture, egg white.
- Chop chilies finely and add to mixture (for less heat use 2, not 3)
- Add sifted flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add roughly chopped dark chocolate
- Mix on a low speed.
- Using a small ice cream scooper, place cookie dough onto a lined tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a PREHEATED oven at 180C/350F.
- Place 4 marshmallows onto each cookie and then bake for an extra 5 minutes.
- Cool on the tray for a few minutes then place onto a cooling rack.